Are you ready for the best potato dish we have ever made? Introducing: Fried Mashed Potato Balls
I certainly didn’t think that they would turn out this delicious, but they definitely did!
I love potatoes, I mean, I really do… They are my favorite food, I was a vegetarian for roughly three years, and I basically just ate potatoes. My dad used to call me a potato-arian, and it definitely fit!
I mean, look at these Fried Mashed Potato Balls! How can you not want to just eat them right through your screen?!
I think that when the Hubby and I make them again we will add some cheese to the middle of the balls to give them a little bit of extra flavor! (Maybe we will even add some bacon, take them up another notch!)
Fried Mashed Potato Balls
- 2 cups leftover mashed potatoes cold
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 egg beaten with 1 tbsp water
- Oil for frying
- Mix your cold mashed potatoes with your garlic salt, pepper and one beaten egg
- Roll into ping-pong sized balls
- Place onto a cookie sheet and keep in the fridge until ready to fry
- Heat your oil to 425 degrees
- When ready to fry pull your mashed potatoes back out of the fridge and drop them one at a time into first the egg and water mixture and then into the breadcrumbs
- Fry each one until golden brown, 3-4 minutes
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce and enjoy!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.